- 1 medium chanterelle, cut into cubes.
- 1 shallot minced
- grated nutmeg to taste
- grated or powdered ginger to taste
- a pat of butter
- a splash of apple cider
- dry sauté mushroom in hot skillet, stirring and adding nutmeg and ginger
- when mushroom has released it’s water, add shallot and butter
- when shallot is almost cooked add splash of cider, stirring until liquid is reduced to a thick sauce.
I wrapped the cooked chanterelles in foil and placed them behind the cylinders of my Triumph to keep them warm on my ride to work.
When I got here, I topped a plate of John’s biscuits and gravy with wild mushrooms and filled my belly with smiles.