Trailer Trash Casserole: Tater Tots, diced onion, ground beef, Cream of Mushroom Soup, cooked in a Dutch Oven, finished with grated cheese melted on top. Ketchup added to taste.
- 1/2 bag of Tater Tots
- 1 diced onion
- 1/4# ground beef per person
- 1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup +/- grated cheddar cheese
- ketchup to taste
- Break up ground beef into hot, oiled dutch oven
- Add diced onion, stir over heat until beef is browned and onions translucent.
- Stir in frozen tater tots (or partially thawed, or warm – depends on how many times you all have opened the cooler to fetch out beer).
- Stir in condensed Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Cook in Dutch oven with coals over and under for thirty minutes or until hot through.
- Top with grated cheese and heat with coals on top only for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Dish up. Add ketchup to taste.